Saturday, September 10, 2011

After his career


Written by my friend Betty Walls


There’s nothing my husband would rather do than sit on the couch all day Sunday and watch his NFL Sunday Ticket HD package, I swear. It’s tough enough to get him to look at me when I call his name but now that the lock out is over he’s really on the edge of his seat. See, he’s an ex-NFL player (I can’t say which team) and he’s got a lot riding on each game, literally! He and some of the old teammates bet on the games even though they shouldn’t but they’re only doing a few bucks here and there or even something intangible like a car wash.. Anyway, I guess I don’t really mind being a football widow on Sundays because it used to be my whole life when he was playing ball…it’s much better now because I don’t have to worry about him getting hurt or coming home in a terrible mood because one of his teammates dropped the ball and they lost a big game!

No comments:

Post a Comment