Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sheriff Mack: "It's a miracle!"

Constitution Preservation


I'm not convinced that divine intervention was involved, however the first County Sheriff Project event in Las Vegas on January 30th was an unexpectedly huge success. One hundred fifteen Sheriffs and Deputies registered for the event, and approximately sixty of them stood together in uniform for the group photo just before the evening banquet. I confess that standing near that many law enforcement officers put me on edge wondering if I would be going to jail for some of my political views. However I am convinced that we are finally headed in the direction of Liberty, because I now consider myself friends with a number of the Sheriffs who attended.

Let me begin by thanking the dedicated patriots who devoted countless hours working to make this event a reality. They put their personal differences aside and worked tirelessly together based on their common love of Liberty. No one person was in charge. Everyone contributed what and how they could, and despite some ruffled feathers, we proved that bottom up organization really works. There isn't time to thank everyone individually, however I want to specifically thank Bobby Florentz for successfully coordinating the transportation nightmare of getting nearly 200 people from the airport to the hotel - and back. John Oetken and his Oathkeeper volunteers did an excellent job of providing the transportation, and a very professional job of providing the security for three days of the event. They all worked quietly in the background, and acted as if it was all in a day's work. I am proud to be able to work with superlative people like this.

The activity began on Sunday as people arrived at the hotel. The hospitality suite was abuzz with small groups of conversation, and I did my best to speak to each and every Sheriff and Deputy, to thank them for attending, and to give them my business card in case they had any questions or problems during their visit. Everyone appeared to be there with an open mind, and in a spirit of good will.

To read the rest of the story CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment